Saturday, September 28, 2013

Woah, There's a Surprise.

It's not every day that you open up a local newspaper and find an article about someone you (kind of) know. This morning, though, I picked up a copy of The New Hampshire with hopes to find something to inspire my blog, and there, on page four, was a story about a local UNH student who had been arrested for an unspecified illegal usage of computers and felonious sexual assault on a minor under the age of 16. When I realized the name of the student being charged sounded vaguely familiar, I ran a quick Facebook search. Sure enough, the name belonged to a kid who sat behind me in my public speaking class with whom I was usually partnered with for in-class exercises. Actually, he wasn't really even a "kid", as revealed by the article- he's 30 years old. This came as a pretty big shock to me; the nice, sort-of-normal guy who always struck up conversations with me about generally boring topics is actually a potential 30-year-old sexual predator... Really? I had noticed he hadn't been in class for the past week, but never expected an explanation like this. Thanks, TNH.

No comments:

Post a Comment