Sunday, September 8, 2013

My News Habits

My news habits change depending on my location. For example, when I'm at home in Massachusetts, I usually find myself reading from the newspaper sections that litter my counter-top as i get ready for work in the morning. At school, I usually come across news stories on the internet, usually via Facebook posts from my friends and headlines on my email homepage. Besides that, word of mouth is probably the most common source of news in my life. If there is anything important going on that concerns me or anyone I know, it usually comes up in dinner table conversation. In general, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about the news, admittedly -maybe it's laziness, even apathy, that keeps me from staying up-to-date with the rest of the world, but the closest thing to "news" that I check on a regular basis is music news, along with weather and surf forecasts. I wasn’t too surprised to hear about my classmates’ news habits; Twitter and Facebook seem to be the most popular sources of news nowadays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment